Welcome to Cooking With Glass!

Hi All!

Welcome to the Cooking With Glass Blog! The title is a little bit of a pun . . but I think it suits the blog perfectly :o) Its a new blog and I'm new to blogging . . but we'll give it a go and see how we get on! . . and for those of you that got here by way of searching for recipe or cooking blogs, many apologies, but this blog is about glass art! You're welcome to stay around and browse though :o)

My intentions with this blog are to give you all a little insight in to my glass art work. What I do. How I do it! Why I do it! What inspires me! My cock-ups along the way! My successes . . and failures!

I came into fusing and warm glass work quite late . . after already spending 20 odd years establishing a career. I've only been fusing glass since early 2006 . . started with dichroic glass jewellery pieces and moved on to larger pieces earlier this year after aquiring a new, larger, kiln! . . and that was a bit of a story in itself!!

". . . . . I had to wait three hours with the kiln in its packaging and on its pallet sat outside till my helpers came home from work!
Fortunately it stayed dry all day that day . . so apart from someone nicking the kiln (it would take the worlds strongest man to do this mind you!) there wasn't much to worry about! The only thing was . . the kiln was going in a 1st floor room!


. . It took a Fireman . . I like Firemen :o) . . an electrician and an experienced Pickfords removals man . . after unbolting it from the stand it comes with . . turning it on its side . . and carrying it through 2 front doors, up a flight of stairs, across a landing and through another door! . . it being the kiln weighing 75 Kg!!! . . and it took two of them to bring the base/stand up!! . . . . ."

Well . . having gotten the new BIG kiln installed it took me a few weeks of playing with it to get used to its little quirks and ways . . but since then its been used quite a lot to produce some of my best glass art . . and some of my best failures!:o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe To My Blog

Subscribe to my Blog via email